As business professionals, you want your brand to stand out online. You want to communicate effectively what your business is, means, and stands for in a clear-cut, professional, and functioning website. You focus on all the details, but somehow things still slip through the cracks. What can you do to make your website better for your business and better for your customers?
That’s why we created this quick list on 15 quick fixes that can take your business website from so-so to tailored and complete.
- Make it responsive – make sure your customers can view the website on a laptop, smart phone, or tablet and that all elements are functioning on each device.
- Use clear descriptions – using a static page to describe who you are and what you do can quickly lock in an interested client.
- Use web-based colors – the web runs on RGB colors, meaning the color schemes are created from red, green, and black. Keep this in mind when designing for your website to correct for color issues.
- Keep a simple URL – no need to get too fancy. Try to stick to your businesses name as best as you can and use a .com for easier user access.
- Easy-to-navigate site map – make it easy for customers to browse your site by having a site map always in eyesight (even in scrolling designs).
- Up-to-date contact information – have a contact page easily accessible for your customers with correct business hours, emails, and phone numbers.
- Insert a contact us form – on your contact page, make it easy for customers to shoot you a quick question or response through a comment box.
- Add customer testimonials – if you have loyal fans, show them off. Ask repeat customers to write up a little bio about why they love working with you and add it to your website.
- Utilize calls to action (CTAs) – tell customers what you want them to do by accessing your site through clear language and the use of bright, highlighted buttons or text.
- Know your S.E.O. – optimize your search by including basic on page SEO elements for your website’s content.
- Fresh content – Keep things new and active by posting new content frequently through blog posts or social media feeds.
- Make it secure – ensure your blog is properly secured with SSL features to ensure customer protection and security.
- Keep design in mind – we already talked about color, responsiveness, and navigation. But keep in mind how your layout looks to customers. Keep your homepage and other pages clean of too much clutter. Only include relevant information on each page.
- Integrate your social media – make your buttons easy to find and easy to access. Users should be able to click on these and be redirected to like or follow your company on any of your social media platforms.
- Have a good web host – web hosting can make or break your website. Make sure to go with a trustworthy web hosting company that knows what they are doing to ensure your website will be up and running and functioning for customers at all times.
Want more information on how your business can improve its online presence through its website? Contact Maximize today for information on how we can help you maximize the benefits of a well designed website for your customers and prospects.